Thread: Hood Strut Kit Preference

Hybrid View

Hood Strut Kit Preference

Trying to decide on what hood strut kit to put on. CJ PonyParts has a set from Ford Performance. Also have a couple different sets from Redline Tuning. Wondering what others have been using.

I've got the Ford one on my 2018 GT. No problems at all. Both kits will require drilling out a one inch hole in the battery cover for the lower bracket on the passenger fender. Also like the Ford one because the upper bracket is smaller than the Redline one.

Anthony Sucher

2018 Mustang GT
    BMR #0571
    2002 Mustang GT Convertible

BMR
    SBMR #0050

I also put the Ford Performance hood strut kit on my 2017 GT. Bought it from CJ and got super turn around. Only took an hour or so to install. I had to modify the battery cover differently since the previous owner had a different strut kit and removed it when the Mustang was traded in. The Ford kit also gives torque specs for the lower attachment plate bolts.
    Bill

2017: Stock
    2005: Paxton Novi 2200 HO SC; FRPP Aluminator 4.6L short block, Shifter, Aluminum DS, 3.73 gears, GT500 Fuel pump, GTA Axle back; Comp Cams custom grind SC cams; Stainless Works LT Headers, high flow cats; McLeod RXT Twin Disk Clutch; TR6060 6 speed Trans; Steeda: Sport Springs, LCAs w/reloaction brackets, UCA, panhard bar & brace, 14" Front Brake Kit; Tune by Excessive Motorsport

I was leaning toward the Ford Performance kit as well. I reckon the next step is to get it ordered. Thanks for the feedback.

Redline Performance-https://www.cjponyparts.com/catalogs...ne+Hood+Struts at CJ Pony Parts, when you are getting ready to order drop me a line and I have a club discount code for CJ's given to me by Chris Cervenka & Bill Tomas.

Ceece
    1990 GT 25th Anniversary Special
    2016 GT California Special