Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mount Jackson and Cooter's Lunch Cruise

Mount Jackson and Cooter's Lunch Cruise

Starting out in Northern Virginia, we'll cruise out to Mt. Jackson and cross the Meems Bottom covered bridge before visiting Shenandoah Caverns and the Route 11 Potato Chip Factory. After brief tours, we'll depart for Cooter's in Sperryville for lunch before heading back home. For more information, check out the various web sites:

http://www.virginia.org/Listings/Out...CoveredBridge/

http://www.rt11.com/

http://cootersplace.com/cooters-sperryville/

http://shenandoahcaverns.com/

According to the Cooter's web site, Cooter is there in person every weekend from 11:00 - 2:00.

I'll be going out on Friday June 3rd to preview the route and check out each of the venues. If you want to go along -- let me know.

In order to make arrangements, I will need to know if you're interested in going and whether or not you will be visiting the Potato Chip Factory or the Caverns. Thank you!

UPDATE: I went out and scouted the route and venues. As a result, I've made one BIG adjustment -- we should be able to do everything (Meems Bottom Covered Bridge, Rte 11 Potato Chip Factory, Shenandoah Caverns, and lunch at Cooter's).

Here is the proposed itinerary:
    8:00 Lv Food Lion (613 Frost Ave, Warrenton, VA)
    9:00 Arrive Meems Bottom Covered Bridge...
    9:15 Arrive Rte 11 Potato Chip Factory
    10:00 Lv Rte 11 Potato Chip Factory
    10:05 Arrive Shenandoah Caverns
    11:45 Lv Shenandoah Caverns
    12:45 Arrive at Cooter's
    1:45 LV Cooter's
    2:45 Arrive Warrenton
    In order to make arrangements, I will need to know if you're interested in going so I can call the day before and let them know how many to expect at each location.
    This is an awesome cruise! The route has a little bit of everything, highway driving, scenic byways, mountains, twists and turns -- something for everyone. Total driving distance is about 135 miles.
    Thank you!
    Last edited by Scoot; 06-05-2016 at 07:07 AM.

Thought I could make this cruise but I cannot. Sorry. Rocky Colavita

Hi, I think that you have me down as participating in this cruise. I'll visit the Route 11 Potato Chip Factory and the Shenandoah Caverns. Looking forward!! Thanks, Kim Dunmire

Count me in for all stops.

Great Kim and Mike! See you on the 11th!

Scot, I'm planning on joining the cruise on the 11th. Thanks. . .Devandra Waghray

We're in.

Dan

1999 Mustang GT
    1983 Mustang GLX
    1986 Mustang GT
    2013 Boss 302 #0636
    1987 McLaren Mustang #447
    2001 Bullitt #3669

I should be able to attend this cruise with a +1

Mount Jackson and Cooter's Lunch Cruise

I replied on the Facebook page (Paul Tobin), but wanted to reply here as well. My wife and I plan to do the whole cruise. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great! Current count is about 20 I think.

Looks like Barb and I will be not able to make it after all. Hope you all ahve a blast!!
    Bill

'05 GT Premium Vert
    Paxton Novi 2200 HO SC; FRPP Aluminator 4.6L short block, Shifter, Aluminum DS, 3.73 gears, GT500 Fuel pump, GTA Axle back; Comp Cams custom grind SC cams; Stainless Works LT Headers, high flow cats; McLeod RXT Twin Disk Clutch; TR6060 6 speed Trans; Steeda: Sport Springs, LCAs w/reloaction brackets, UCA, panhard bar & brace, 14" Front Brake Kit; Tune by Excessive Motorsport

Count the new guy in, maybe with a +1 won't know for sure on the +1 until late tomorrow.

All,

Looks like we will have about 20-25 for the cruise.

It looks like the weather is going to be great Saturday! I've called Route 11 Chips, the Shenandoah Caverns, and Cooter's and they are looking forward to our visit! REMINDER: Even though it will be pretty warm outside, the temperature inside the cave is 54 degrees. You'll want to bring a light jacket or sweatshirt if you're going through the caverns. We will get a group rate of $16/person for adults or $9/person for children 6-12. Also, wear comfortable shoes as we will have to do a little walking (not too far).

We're running a pretty tight schedule tomorrow so, it is important that we depart on time. If you are going to be late, give me a call on my cell phone (703) 980-6079 -- Scott

If you are planning on meeting us along the way, here is the route to the first stop:

From the Food Lion parking lot, turn left onto Frost Ave (traveling east)
    After mile, use both left turn lanes to turn onto Broadview Ave (BUS 17 and 211)
    In mile use both left turn lanes to stay on Broadview Ave (to 17N)
    Take 17N 10 miles to I-66E
    Turn left onto I-66 W
    Take I-66 W 27 miles to I-81 S
    Keep left onto I-81 S
    Take I-81 S to Exit 273 (Mt. Jackson).
    Come up the ramp and take a left.
    Go to Route 11 and take a right. Go through the town of Mt. Jackson and cross over the Shenandoah River.
    Continue down Route 11 about a mile and take a right onto Wissler Road.

I will not be able to make it, I had a work emergency, I am headed out of town tomorrow afternoon and will not be able to make the cruise hope you all have fun, see you on the next one for sure!

I will need a couple of people to act as coordinators during the cruise. We need one person in the middle of the group and another person to be last vehicle in the group. We'll all be in communication via walkie-talkie. Please let me know if you are interested, so we can coordinate.

See you all in the morning! Don't forget to gas up!

How did this turn out? Someone had to have taken pictures.
    1989 5.0 SSP Coupe-Sonic Blue
    Vortech V3 Si-trim/aftercoooler/bypass, GT40 ported/polished intake, AFR 165s, rebuilt 306 **PARTING OUT**

1988 5.0 GT- Custom Paint
    Vortech V2 S-trim 3.33 upper w/8" lower, Boss block 8.2" Deck 4.030 bore, AFR 185, RPM1 ported intake, 3550, 31sp axles, Stoptech 4 piston brakes, MM EVERYTHING, 550rwhp?? (not confirmed yet)

We all had a great time and the weather was perfect. Go to the Facebook site to see plenty of pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by 69originalowner View Post
    We all had a great time and the weather was perfect. Go to the Facebook site to see plenty of pictures.
    I didn't realize there was a facebook page. I requested access, my name's Keith. I hope to join the next cruise and I'm hoping there's another one coming up this summer!
    1989 5.0 SSP Coupe-Sonic Blue
    Vortech V3 Si-trim/aftercoooler/bypass, GT40 ported/polished intake, AFR 165s, rebuilt 306 **PARTING OUT**

1988 5.0 GT- Custom Paint
    Vortech V2 S-trim 3.33 upper w/8" lower, Boss block 8.2" Deck 4.030 bore, AFR 185, RPM1 ported intake, 3550, 31sp axles, Stoptech 4 piston brakes, MM EVERYTHING, 550rwhp?? (not confirmed yet)