Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Request for feedback

Quote Originally Posted by RCPtero View Post
    Okay, I just read through the whole thread. To date, I've not made it to any event. That's mostly because I started doing major mods to my '68 shortly after buying it years ago, and then got sidetracked with RC aircraft. And I also tend to drive to NC to visit my 13 y.o. daughter ever couple of weeks, so time at home when not working is short.

But, I've decided it's time to refocus and get her running (the car, not the daughter ), but it'll be a few more months before she's ready.

However, in the meantime, I have made use of the forums for some good technical info and references to club sponsors. (And many thanks to those who've answered my questions and provided advice.) One thing I think would be neat, which I don't think is there, is a member map on the board. That would let us see what other members live in our local neighborhood.

A couple of ideas I saw in the thread that I do like are:
    1. Mini Swap meet - I'm building a stockpile of parts that I bought and learned more later and shouldn't have.
    2. Skyline Drive cruise. - Once my ride is running and I trust it to go long distance, I'd love to do a cruise through Skyline. Although I do understand that the Rangers aren't too keen on it. Perhaps there are other similar rides without having to go to the Dragon in NC. (Never drove it, so don't know if it'd be good for a car, or just for a bike.)
    3. Meet then cruise - I like the idea of meeting up at a site, then cruising somewhere to get food.
    4. Charity Event - I also really like the thought of some form of charity event.

--
    Tom

Hi Tom, what parts do you have stockpiled?
    Kevin

Gents,

Ok, the staff will be holding our usual end of year (2014) planning the events, dates for (2015) in the next few weeks, any ideas that people want to throw out regarding possible events, shows you have attended that are annual, cruises that are professionally run (not impromptu) please let us know about them and any contact person you might have. We will try and coordinate with MCOM's events since they area the more active in the Mustang Community. We will look to the NVCC (Summit Point) and other clubs for their track dates also and try to coordinate the dates also.

I have read some posts about impromptu meets, most of the area (Northern Virginia) you have to have authority to be in their parking lots and if not can be asked to leave if you don't have permission. We have permission to be at Expo Center, and BK, Chick Filet the owners want you there (it draws them business and takes your $$, lol). If you have a business that wants us to visit their facility for meets and wants to supply an authorization letter, please put me in touch with them.

Thank You,
    1990 GT 25th Anniversary Best ET 9.60@138.82 MPH/1.23 60'
    Built & Tuned by Booze Brothers Performance

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeDredd View Post
    Gents,

Ok, the staff will be holding our usual end of year (2014) planning the events, dates for (2015) in the next few weeks, any ideas that people want to throw out regarding possible events, shows you have attended that are annual, cruises that are professionally run (not impromptu) please let us know about them and any contact person you might have. We will try and coordinate with MCOM's events since they area the more active in the Mustang Community. We will look to the NVCC (Summit Point) and other clubs for their track dates also and try to coordinate the dates also.

I have read some posts about impromptu meets, most of the area (Northern Virginia) you have to have authority to be in their parking lots and if not can be asked to leave if you don't have permission. We have permission to be at Expo Center, and BK, Chick Filet the owners want you there (it draws them business and takes your $$, lol). If you have a business that wants us to visit their facility for meets and wants to supply an authorization letter, please put me in touch with them.

Thank You,
    Im sure some of these have been covered previously. Some ideas from my perspective:

Cruises - Im sure some people love cruises, but personally I cant stand the idea of a 'cruise'. If I want to go for a drive, I'll go for a drive on my own.

Meets - for some reason this club is dead set on a Saturday evening meet at Dulles. Again, fine for some people, but very inconvenient for others. Can we schedule some club events at the various Cars & Coffee happenings on Sat & Sun mornings? Parking permission would be no issue as the Cars & Coffee crowd has the green light from the property owners (Lowes in Fairfax and Katies in Great Falls). The other benefit is that it would be good publicity for the club and also a chance for members to be able to interact and see owners and cars of others makes.

Dyno Day - I understand this is harder to coordinate, but have no doubt once setup, that a dyno day would be a very popular event. We could probably do at least one, if not two a year and get a couple dozen cars to each event

Tech Days - try to partner with a local shop to sponsor a tech day. A buddy of mine works at Mercedes in Tysons and last time I was over there, the service shop was having a tech day for the DC Area Mercedes Club. Maybe we can explore the possibility of finding a shop that would sponsor an event like this once or twice a year

Track Days - Need more. I think it may be time to expand to at least 3 a year.Have our last few track days been down on attendance? it seems to me that track days, always get the required 50 even if it takes going to the last few days before the event to hit the numbers.

HPDE/Auto-X - We need to explore the possibility of setting something like this up. The Northern VA chapter of the BMW club of America has a busy schedule of driving events they sponsor or are partners with.

IN SUM: Less cruises, more performance oriented events. Otherwise, our club and site will remain stagnant like it has now become
    2011 Mustang GT M6 3.31s

Matt HONEYCUTT Tune
    Lethal Off-Road X
    GT500 A/Bs
    J&M LCAs
    UPR UCA

Whiteline LCA relo brckts
    Eibach Pro-Kit Springs
    Koni STR.T shocks/struts

Best 1/4 E/T (05/18/14 MIR - no tune, X-pipe, or UCA): 12.920 @ 109.40 mph (2.059 60ft)

Eric (Moco),
    Thanks for your response and ideas. We plan on looking into both performance oriented events such as auto x and dyno days, and plan to keep popular cruises such as the Crabcake cruise as it brings out the masses. Club participation has been down for a while and we certainly would like to find ways to change that.

Since people are here (in the club) for different reasons, it's hard to please everyone with the things we come up with, sometimes it's based on trial and error.

Drag day numbers from members of the NVMC is way down and to be honest with you, if not for me promoting this with our sister club MCOM (mustang club of Maryland) these rentals wouldn't have happened, simply because not enough interest from the NVMC.

We will explore the idea of meeting days and times, as you aren't the first to say something about this.

James
    James

1989 Black LX Notchback Supercharged 306, Tubular GT40 intake manifold, X303 cam, shorty headers, dumps, subframe connectors, 3" cowl hood

2011 Performance White 5.0, 401a, 3.73's, Roush Axlebacks, Eibach Pro kit, center fog grille, BMR adjustable Panhard bar, JPC Linelock, Blowfish Racing Trans Bracket, JLT CAI, BAMA V2, MMD Hood Struts

1. Dyno Day is in the works, waited for Excessive Motorsports to get their DYNO in at the NEW shop.
    2. HPDE-we have been working with NVCC on these events, members have attended them.
    3. Drag Days-Financially the way we have it now has worked best, we have had 50-75 racers at various dates in the last 3-4 yrs. There are many members that belong to other clubs that have track dates too, it allows them to attend them also, will take this under advisement.
    4. TECH Days-Have approached this with various shops before.
    5. Used to Run Auto Cross events with the NVCC before Old Dominion was sold, looking to Old Dominion again when they open the new track/facility.
    6. Meets-Saturday has always been the day (14 yrs + Now), we adjust the times from "time to time", we are looking to try different area (locations), this is a work in progress.

Thank You Matt for your input. Ceece

I like your idea about 3 events a year, however we had to cancel 1 in 2015 because we cold not fill it, luckily it rained that day and Elmer was not out any money. We ALL need to cell the events and get friends involved to make things work. I expect to see 60+ at the 2016 events, if we do well on the 1st one, we might schedule a 2nd one within 4 weeks and so on. Ceece

I know if someone suggested a get-together at a restaurant I always look up the restaurant on Yelp to see how good or bad it is. If the restaurant is the main point of the get-together and the restaurant isn't rated well, then I won't go. And I do enjoy the Burger King - Manassas Airport car get-together (when people show up). I would like more cruises but not sure what routes would be fun.

I'm not interested in another cruise to Luray caverns. To me the fact that Luray cavern's main attraction is a stalactite organ says something about the cave in general. This coming from a member of the National Speleological Society. I remember reading about an ice cream cruise that sounded fun. If I want ice cream about the only place I know to go is Moo Thru.

I really don't like the meeting place as it is a long drive for me but don't know where better to go unless at the Manassas Airport.
    Last edited by Seldoon; 11-19-2015 at 04:49 PM.

Luray Caverns is basically a rendezvous point we don't actually go to the caverns again and again and again.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

If there is sufficient interest, I'm going to try putting together a cruise to White Post Restorations in probably May. Does that sound like something you folks would be interested in? My wife and I got a tour when I dropped off the brake booster for my Shelby for rebuild, and I'll have to say, it was really fascinating what they do there and the variety of cars that are undergoing restoration at any given time.

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeDredd View Post
    Luray Caverns is basically a rendezvous point we don't actually go to the caverns again and again and again.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

There has been a lot of interest from MCOM to do another Luray Caverns Cruise (and go inside the caverns) I was kinda shocked by this as it is a hell of a drive for most of them, but they apparently liked it.
    James

1989 Black LX Notchback Supercharged 306, Tubular GT40 intake manifold, X303 cam, shorty headers, dumps, subframe connectors, 3" cowl hood

2011 Performance White 5.0, 401a, 3.73's, Roush Axlebacks, Eibach Pro kit, center fog grille, BMR adjustable Panhard bar, JPC Linelock, Blowfish Racing Trans Bracket, JLT CAI, BAMA V2, MMD Hood Struts

Wow, that's almost exactly a 1-year response time.