Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Request for feedback

Rotating locations would be a good idea, would prefer to keep the meeting times at 5:00 year round as going out after the 7:00 meetings gets us home too late.

1999 Mustang GT
    1983 Mustang GLX
    1986 Mustang GT
    2013 Boss 302 #0636
    1987 McLaren Mustang #447
    2001 Bullitt #3669

Also, if we can think of some ideas to increase club membership and recruit, it might be worthwhile. Perhaps we can look into the idea of setting up a table or presence at car shows and other similar events?
    2011 Mustang GT M6 3.31s

Matt HONEYCUTT Tune
    Lethal Off-Road X
    GT500 A/Bs
    J&M LCAs
    UPR UCA

Whiteline LCA relo brckts
    Eibach Pro-Kit Springs
    Koni STR.T shocks/struts

Best 1/4 E/T (05/18/14 MIR - no tune, X-pipe, or UCA): 12.920 @ 109.40 mph (2.059 60ft)

PonyRedux
    Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    One of the things I've noticed other car clubs do a lot more often is simple meet ups. For example, the Capital ST Club that I'm apart of now that I'm (temporarily) out of a mustang, holds quite a few of random meet ups. Some times there are cruises, but most of the time, we simply meet up and hang out and talk about cars. Honestly for me, that's what it's all about. Meeting people with similar interests and just talking about those interests (which most of the time end up being cars). My humble suggestion, hold various "hang outs" through out the year. A good example of one was the bowling event. There was no cruise to it, just meet there, hang out, and have fun.
    Thanks Jon the social meets were fun last year, be it bowling or billiards. Note added.

We've talked about a mini swap meet in the past, maybe combined with a meeting, we could bring all our crap and trade/barter/give away mustang stuff....we could post what we intend to bring in advance for folks to preview in advance...
    Member Since 1992

1985 GT

Quote Originally Posted by vascj View Post
    We've talked about a mini swap meet in the past, maybe combined with a meeting, we could bring all our crap and trade/barter/give away mustang stuff....we could post what we intend to bring in advance for folks to preview in advance...
    Thats a cool idea. I would like to ferret through people's old **** for usable items.
    2011 Mustang GT M6 3.31s

Matt HONEYCUTT Tune
    Lethal Off-Road X
    GT500 A/Bs
    J&M LCAs
    UPR UCA

Whiteline LCA relo brckts
    Eibach Pro-Kit Springs
    Koni STR.T shocks/struts

Best 1/4 E/T (05/18/14 MIR - no tune, X-pipe, or UCA): 12.920 @ 109.40 mph (2.059 60ft)

This is a good idea
    James

1989 Black LX Notchback Supercharged 306, Tubular GT40 intake manifold, X303 cam, shorty headers, dumps, subframe connectors, 3" cowl hood

2011 Performance White 5.0, 401a, 3.73's, Roush Axlebacks, Eibach Pro kit, center fog grille, BMR adjustable Panhard bar, JPC Linelock, Blowfish Racing Trans Bracket, JLT CAI, BAMA V2, MMD Hood Struts

Dyno...and BBQ...at the same time!
    2011 GT/CS

Kain
    How about just getting more Mustangs to meet up at Katie's/Kohl's C&C? Already established, get to see other makes and models, and you have the whole rest of the day ahead of you.

I'm a morning person, get up around 5 am everyday, plus I loves me some coffee. So I'm more apt to go to a C&C anyway. And traffic is actually nice at the buttcrack of dawn on the weekends.

I like the idea of more club meet-ups besides the every other saturdays. With my schedule, I am either working or on drill when we have meetings, which makes making it out to one rather difficult. And I second the idea of dyno/bbq events. The one dyno day we had a couple of years ago was fun.
    2008 Ford Mustang
    V6 4.0L, 205bhp/207lb-ft, 14.983@91.00
    Automatic
    3.73:1 Final Drive
    BBK CAI
    Pypes X-Pipe & Cat back exhaust
    FRPP LSD
    FRPP Shocks/Struts
    Steeda Sport Springs
    Eibach Sway Bars
    ASP Underdrive Pulley
    SCT Tune by Excessive Motorsports

Nuke
    Well, I'm too new to say what, if any, is wrong with the forum. What I can tell you is that I joined to find fellow Mustang owners who have more experience than I with these beautiful machines. Tech days are exactly what I look for, but I was really interested in the crab cruise as well - I just signed up on the forum, so I found out about it too late.

My my primary interests are upgrades, what are the best bang for the buck, and how to do them. Fellowship runs nearly at a tie - so meet ups, cruises and the like - particularly near Fredericksburg - are on my radar.

Would have loved the crab-fest.... And yes, this is my very first post. Woot!

one seat
    I personally love crusing and racing

Shelby Runner

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    EDIT: you all may be doing this already, but what about picnic grounds meets? Reserve a spot with a grill(s), everybody bring something.
    I second the request for picnic or get-together near DC. I'm in Rosslyn, Chantilly is a haul for me also, hence I don't participate in the club events like I should. Gravelly Point Park (approach end of Reagan National Airport) and Haynes Point could accomodate our cars for free for a picnic/barbecue one afternoon. Maybe even throw it out there for us DC types to meet up there sometimes. The military types can always meet at Bolling AFB and fire up the grills there also.

Anywhere that gets any of the club members together is worth looking at.

Thanks for opening up the floor on this Ceece, good discussion.

Attachment 2364

Semper,
    Bill
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Shelby Front End.jpg  
    Last edited by Shelby Runner; 06-25-2014 at 05:46 PM.

Nuke
    Great idea. I already have some aftermarket headlights to sell and I've only been a mustang owner for a month!

I Second these thoughts....

Quote Originally Posted by Moco View Post
    Personally,

I would like to see 2 things:

-HPDE's or auto-X events

-tech days - if a member/staff here is generous enough to volunteer their place once every couple of months to allow members to get to together and pitch in to help each other mod/fix their cars, I think it would be a popular event

I guess 3 things:

- have occasional club meetings on nights OTHER than Saturday

In addition, would LOVE to see me informal gatherings at some of the local "Cars and Coffee" events (Katies, Fairfax Kohls, Ashburn Wegmans, Dulles Town Center, Velcity 5, Manassas Burger King, etc.). I know the Mopar groups have large groupings of their cars together at these events - would like to see more Mustangs - (Might even draw in new members)
    Last edited by TooManyToys2; 06-25-2014 at 05:43 PM. Reason: add additional content

Current Fords:
    66 Shelby Cobra Replica
    96 SVT Cobra Convertible
    97 Saleen S351 Supercharged Coupe, #039, Crystal White with White wheels, 510hp, 1 of 1 with options
    01 SVT Cobra Coupe, Laser Tint Red w/Parchment Interior, 1 of 226
    03 Mach1, Zinc Yellow, 1 of 869 Zinc Yellow Mach1's, 4k miles
    08 Shelby GT500 Coupe, Torch Red w/white stripe, approx 725-750hp

Other current performance cars (excludes Daily Drivers):
    78 Corvette Pace Car, #3723 of 6,502
    03 Z06 Corvette
    01 Mazda Miata

Factory Stock
    I like the idea of meeting up at Khol's for Cars and Coffee. I've been to Khol's twice in the past few weeks and it has been great to see the large variety of fancy vehicles. There's quite a large crowd each week. It would be nice to see an even greater Mustang turnout although there are probably as many Mustangs there as I've seen at the past two regular NVMC meets. I also like the idea of a tech day, a detailing day, and/or a dyno day.
    2011 Shelby GT500
    2.63 pulley, idler pulley, 93 Octane tune, JLT 123mm CAI
    Michelin Super Sport Tires

I am seeing alot of requests for the Club Meet at different locations - obviously no one site will satisfy all members

Maybe utilizing local "cars and coffee" meets might be better for people just to hang out with other local club members? Maybe they can go over some meeting notes from the official meeting and upload new concerns, comments and questions?

Current Fords:
    66 Shelby Cobra Replica
    96 SVT Cobra Convertible
    97 Saleen S351 Supercharged Coupe, #039, Crystal White with White wheels, 510hp, 1 of 1 with options

03 Z06 Corvette
    01 Mazda Miata

I like this idea. I'm also interested in tech days - even if it's just to come and watch someone work on their car, I still have the opportunity to learn something and ask questions. For instance, ignored281 is putting an engine together. I've never done anything like that, but would enjoy watching and talk drag racing while it's too hot to run my car.

I've never been a fan of sitting at a car show, or going on a cruise - but I did enjoy the time or two we left the Saturday meeting and had dinner.

Tom - 05 GT 302rwhp, 3500lbs
    12.095 @ 111.08, 1.576 60'

...Also, these cars-and-coffee meets are at various days/times during the week to fit most anyone's schedule:

Dulles Town Center - Friday nights
    Katies - Saturday 6am to 9am (I believe)
    Manassas Burger King - Saturdays 4/5pm to ????
    Fairfax Kohls - Sundays 8am till around 10am (although some people hang till 11am)
    Velocity 5 - Tuesday nights 7pm - ???

And I am sure there are alot more - even in MD/WV

Current Fords:
    66 Shelby Cobra Replica
    96 SVT Cobra Convertible

03 Z06 Corvette
    01 Mazda Miata

Agree - I would love to watch someone else install things - might make me feel better at attempting them myself. Also a great place to enlist help for those that love to get their hands dirty

Current Fords:
    66 Shelby Cobra Replica
    96 SVT Cobra Convertible

03 Z06 Corvette
    01 Mazda Miata

I think the idea of more events is a good one. Could be as simple as cruising on wine tours (assuming everyone is responsible), out to eat at a roadside BBQ place, etc. Groups of people signing up together for an auto-x series is always good. It is a lot of work to organize our own but there are a bunch around here that are readily accessible.

Another thought for the forum organization. I think I would participate more on the forum if there were a section for fox body guys. All of my heaps are of the fox body era, so having a section dedicated to those like-minded individuals would be cool. Since I don't make it to a lot (or really any so far) of the events, I don't know who to ping for fox body discussion. I do really want to make it to one of the meetings one of these days. I don't have a good excuse but I just seem to always have something I have to do on those particular Saturdays. One of these days I'll make it.

Current Heaps:
    1981 Fairmont Wagon w/ 351W swap
    1989 Mustang LX 5.0 convertible
    2015 Mustang GT