Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 111

Thread: Request for feedback

  1. #1
    PonyRedux
    Guest

    Request for feedback

    So there has been some discussion within the staff on how we can provide a better experience for the membership and bring out more participation. I've taken it upon myself to ask you the membership of this find organization to give serious constructive ideas on how we can make this better for you the member and thus to have a healthy active club moving forward into the future. Please please be open and polite. This is not a thread to bash or to complain, its an open request to give us input on what you want from this club as its membership. It will be accepted with open minds as long as it is respectful and constructive. With that being said please let us know what you think. We can't promise to take everything in and change things overnight for just one member but give us sometime and you may see things move in a good direction. This is NOT however the place to sort out personal differences if you have them with a member of the staff or such so please flamethrowers stay at home. That is to be handled in a polite professional manner thru a staff member if needed.


    Let us know how we can make this better for all...

  2. #2
    Personally,

    I would like to see 2 things:

    -HPDE's or auto-X events

    -tech days - if a member/staff here is generous enough to volunteer their place once every couple of months to allow members to get to together and pitch in to help each other mod/fix their cars, I think it would be a popular event

    I guess 3 things:

    - have occasional club meetings on nights OTHER than Saturday
    2011 Mustang GT M6 3.31s

    Matt HONEYCUTT Tune
    Lethal Off-Road X
    GT500 A/Bs
    J&M LCAs
    UPR UCA

    Whiteline LCA relo brckts
    Eibach Pro-Kit Springs
    Koni STR.T shocks/struts



    Best 1/4 E/T (05/18/14 MIR - no tune, X-pipe, or UCA): 12.920 @ 109.40 mph (2.059 60ft)

  3. #3
    Kain
    Guest
    Are the meets only in Dulles? I know NOVA is a large geographic area, but Dulles is a haul for me. I'm right on the VA side of the WW bridge, that's why I went straight to the Upper Marlboro site yesterday.

    But don't make any special accomodations on my account. Got my car three weeks ago, going through the "honeymoon" phase. If most NVMC people are out that way, that's cool.

    EDIT: you all may be doing this already, but what about picnic grounds meets? Reserve a spot with a grill(s), everybody bring something.

  4. #4
    Have to second the ideas for tech days as well as meets on non-Saturday nights. Trying to pitch the idea of going to do car-related stuff instead of a nice date is usually a tough sell. Also meets closer to DC might be a plus for some members. I live in Rosslyn right by the Potomac River so sometimes it's tough to get out to Chantilly. Thus I've never been to a meeting even though I use the forum a lot.

  5. #5
    PonyRedux
    Guest
    The tech day thing if memory serves was looked at a number of years ago, the problem with that is from a club point of view if I'm correct is that there is a liability issue. If someone gets hurt from a thump of a part on the hand or such as well as if we screw an install up which can happen the club needs to be protected. I know alot of members have done projects together in the past with each other on the side.. I will talk to other club officers about creating a forum section where perhaps this can be set up to help members reach out to eachother. James and I have also last summer looked at alternate meet locations in the hope of taking the club on the road a bit more for meetings more to follow on that as we do more on it now that an interest has been expressed. Please realize that finding a parking lot that works for us is a bit more difficult as we get closer to the city... Meetings on other then Saturdays can be looked at as well. THANK YOU for the input so far keep the ideas coming!

  6. #6
    same kinda thing , but, for cleaning and detailing...

    it would also be nice to have the meetings a little closer in, maybe Springfield? or combine a meeting at the BK cruise-in at Nokesville like we used to do...

    Quote Originally Posted by PonyRedux View Post
    The tech day thing if memory serves was looked at a number of years ago, the problem with that is from a club point of view if I'm correct is that there is a liability issue. If someone gets hurt from a thump of a part on the hand or such as well as if we screw an install up which can happen the club needs to be protected. I know alot of members have done projects together in the past with each other on the side.. I will talk to other club officers about creating a forum section where perhaps this can be set up to help members reach out to eachother. James and I have also last summer looked at alternate meet locations in the hope of taking the club on the road a bit more for meetings more to follow on that as we do more on it now that an interest has been expressed. Please realize that finding a parking lot that works for us is a bit more difficult as we get closer to the city... Meetings on other then Saturdays can be looked at as well. THANK YOU for the input so far keep the ideas coming!
    Last edited by vascj; 06-23-2014 at 12:46 PM.
    Member Since 1992

    1985 GT

  7. #7
    Club President JudgeDredd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Warrenton Virginia
    Posts
    1,518
    Thanks for setting up the discussion Marc, much appreciated. The "Tech" Day has been discussed in the past, and it did come don to liability issues regarding Insurance, hence the reason the Supporters have not jumped on board with this. In today's word that is the the word that is paramount "Civil Liability", and if the unforseen happens who would be responsible in your injury or god forbid your demise. Yes "YOU" as a "Hot Rodder" might say, you would never go after the Club or Business entity, but I am not so sure of a family that has loss of a loved one.

    Meeting Locations- On this one, as in 2000 when we revived the NVMC we tried to close a location 1.)Chose a location centralized in the Northern Virginia Area, 2. Find a location that would allow us to "Legally" allow us to have our Club Meetings, and would provide us a written conformation to use such property fully knowing about the above listed topic of Liability. We accomplished that with the current location we are at.

    Marc & I are currently looking for additional locations that we might be able to implement into a type of "rotation" or temporary basis. If you have a business entity, a person who owns property and would like to offer a location and is authorized to give a written permission to do so please have him or her contact me.

    We as an respected Club just don't do things as many fly by night car clubs with no community ties do. I would be up for an occasional Sunday meeting and am even open to a earlier meeting. Fridays however might be tough due to folks commuting from work and not getting home until late, not to mention the Log Jam of cars on the roadways during rush hour.

    Thank You for your replies thus far, please keep them coming in :-)

    Ceece
    1990 GT 25th Anniversary Best ET 9.60@138.82 MPH/1.23 60'
    Built & Tuned by Booze Brothers Performance

  8. #8
    Kain
    Guest
    Waiver forms. You can't swing a dead cat (no offense to cat people) without smacking a lawyer in this town; I'm sure one of us can draw up a quickie. I'm all-in for tech days, especially at a rent-a-lift place.

    Unfortunately, I can't see myself coming out to Dulles on a Saturday night. I'm only ever out that way when I need to fly out of IAD. And Sundays don't work, especially during the Fall. My tookus is not leaving the chair when football is on.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeDredd View Post
    Thanks for setting up the discussion Marc, much appreciated. The "Tech" Day has been discussed in the past, and it did come don to liability issues regarding Insurance, hence the reason the Supporters have not jumped on board with this. In today's word that is the the word that is paramount "Civil Liability", and if the unforseen happens who would be responsible in your injury or god forbid your demise. Yes "YOU" as a "Hot Rodder" might say, you would never go after the Club or Business entity, but I am not so sure of a family that has loss of a loved one.

    Meeting Locations- On this one, as in 2000 when we revived the NVMC we tried to close a location 1.)Chose a location centralized in the Northern Virginia Area, 2. Find a location that would allow us to "Legally" allow us to have our Club Meetings, and would provide us a written conformation to use such property fully knowing about the above listed topic of Liability. We accomplished that with the current location we are at.

    Marc & I are currently looking for additional locations that we might be able to implement into a type of "rotation" or temporary basis. If you have a business entity, a person who owns property and would like to offer a location and is authorized to give a written permission to do so please have him or her contact me.

    We as an respected Club just don't do things as many fly by night car clubs with no community ties do. I would be up for an occasional Sunday meeting and am even open to a earlier meeting. Fridays however might be tough due to folks commuting from work and not getting home until late, not to mention the Log Jam of cars on the roadways during rush hour.

    Thank You for your replies thus far, please keep them coming in :-)

    Ceece
    Ceece,

    Arent those liability concerns applicable to any club organized event? What happens if at a NVMC track day if (God forbid) a member dies or gets injured? What if a member is putting on his drag slicks and the car falls on him and crushes him? How about if someone wrecks (again, God forbid) during a cruise and takes out a number of cars & people?

    It seems like no matter what, if its a club organized event, that liability concern will exist. I don't ever remember signing a waiver for cruises or track days.
    2011 Mustang GT M6 3.31s

    Matt HONEYCUTT Tune
    Lethal Off-Road X
    GT500 A/Bs
    J&M LCAs
    UPR UCA

    Whiteline LCA relo brckts
    Eibach Pro-Kit Springs
    Koni STR.T shocks/struts



    Best 1/4 E/T (05/18/14 MIR - no tune, X-pipe, or UCA): 12.920 @ 109.40 mph (2.059 60ft)

  10. #10
    Club President JudgeDredd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Warrenton Virginia
    Posts
    1,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Moco View Post
    Ceece,

    Arent those liability concerns applicable to any club organized event? What happens if at a NVMC track day if (God forbid) a member dies or gets injured? What if a member is putting on his drag slicks and the car falls on him and crushes him? How about if someone wrecks (again, God forbid) during a cruise and takes out a number of cars & people?

    It seems like no matter what, if its a club organized event, that liability concern will exist. I don't ever remember signing a waiver for cruises or track days.
    No they are not, on the Drag Strip part of our payments includes Insurance Coverage (remember that waiver you sign at the gate ?) through Mason Dixon Dragway, and the Cruises fall back on your Personal Auto Insurance while on the Roadways of Virginia, Maryland & DC etc. Car Shows etc are also covered under the Business Liability insurance for the dealership and or business entity.
    1990 GT 25th Anniversary Best ET 9.60@138.82 MPH/1.23 60'
    Built & Tuned by Booze Brothers Performance

  11. #11
    NVMC Staff Great White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Silver Spring, MD
    Posts
    1,321
    Also any input as to what would get the members to join in on other clubs car shows and cruises would be appreciated. I try to promote MCOM (Mustang Club of Maryland) events, cruises, car shows to no avail.
    James

    1989 Black LX Notchback Supercharged 306, Tubular GT40 intake manifold, X303 cam, shorty headers, dumps, subframe connectors, 3" cowl hood

    2011 Performance White 5.0, 401a, 3.73's, Roush Axlebacks, Eibach Pro kit, center fog grille, BMR adjustable Panhard bar, JPC Linelock, Blowfish Racing Trans Bracket, JLT CAI, BAMA V2, MMD Hood Struts



  12. #12
    PonyRedux
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Great White View Post
    Also any input as to what would get the members to join in on other clubs car shows and cruises would be appreciated. I try to promote MCOM (Mustang Club of Maryland) events, cruises, car shows to no avail.
    James nailed this one on the head, we're trying to find out from the membership what events would bring y'all out. The Crab Cake Cruise had about 14 NVMC members and about 60 MCOM members....Help us represent. Are we we not coming up with events that are fun? Are they on the wrong days? Are you allergic to crabs?

  13. #13
    Kain
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PonyRedux View Post
    Are you allergic to crabs?
    Funny enough, some guy sitting at the table behind me said he was allergic to crabs. He must've really liked the cruise.

  14. #14
    PonyRedux
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    Funny enough, some guy sitting at the table behind me said he was allergic to crabs. He must've really liked the cruise.
    Its not totally about the food and as you saw the menu covers folks who hate or have allergies.

  15. #15
    NVMC Staff Great White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Silver Spring, MD
    Posts
    1,321
    Both Clubs (NVMC & MCOM) try to make the events, cruises and car shows enjoyable. If you don't come out and see you will never know.

    Kain, I hope you enjoyed the cruise being a new member and new Mustang owner, and will continue to attend these outings. The honeymoon period never has to wear off if you are still having fun years down the road!
    James

    1989 Black LX Notchback Supercharged 306, Tubular GT40 intake manifold, X303 cam, shorty headers, dumps, subframe connectors, 3" cowl hood

    2011 Performance White 5.0, 401a, 3.73's, Roush Axlebacks, Eibach Pro kit, center fog grille, BMR adjustable Panhard bar, JPC Linelock, Blowfish Racing Trans Bracket, JLT CAI, BAMA V2, MMD Hood Struts



  16. #16
    Kain
    Guest
    My wife and I definitely enjoyed the cruise. It was fun seeing random people wave at us. I saw a couple of us had GoPros. Any vids?

  17. #17
    Pure Street
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Fairfax
    Posts
    330
    I would be glad to host a detailing day for the club
    [IMG]http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab134/Elias101a/SON1C The Hedgehog/SON1C November 2012/null-13sig.jpg[/IMG]

  18. #18
    PonyRedux
    Guest
    I have 32gb of Bruce's Car behind me.

  19. #19
    Red
    Guest
    One of the things I've noticed other car clubs do a lot more often is simple meet ups. For example, the Capital ST Club that I'm apart of now that I'm (temporarily) out of a mustang, holds quite a few of random meet ups. Some times there are cruises, but most of the time, we simply meet up and hang out and talk about cars. Honestly for me, that's what it's all about. Meeting people with similar interests and just talking about those interests (which most of the time end up being cars). My humble suggestion, hold various "hang outs" through out the year. A good example of one was the bowling event. There was no cruise to it, just meet there, hang out, and have fun.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    One of the things I've noticed other car clubs do a lot more often is simple meet ups. For example, the Capital ST Club that I'm apart of now that I'm (temporarily) out of a mustang, holds quite a few of random meet ups. Some times there are cruises, but most of the time, we simply meet up and hang out and talk about cars. Honestly for me, that's what it's all about. Meeting people with similar interests and just talking about those interests (which most of the time end up being cars). My humble suggestion, hold various "hang outs" through out the year. A good example of one was the bowling event. There was no cruise to it, just meet there, hang out, and have fun.
    Thats a good idea.

    A middle of the week dinner meet at a place like Willard's or Anita's would be great. I understand the desire to make meets accessible and convenient to all but with the range of people and originating locations and schedules, that simply not possible. If we have more than one meet it will give people options.
    2011 Mustang GT M6 3.31s

    Matt HONEYCUTT Tune
    Lethal Off-Road X
    GT500 A/Bs
    J&M LCAs
    UPR UCA

    Whiteline LCA relo brckts
    Eibach Pro-Kit Springs
    Koni STR.T shocks/struts



    Best 1/4 E/T (05/18/14 MIR - no tune, X-pipe, or UCA): 12.920 @ 109.40 mph (2.059 60ft)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •