PDA

View Full Version : MCOM Gettysburg Cruise Saturday November 9, 2013

Great White
09-05-2013, 10:18 AM
​ALL,

This Cruise IS A GO!!!!!

Saturday November 9th is the new date, hope you can join in on this awesome cruise.

All -

Mark your calendar!!! Saturday, 09 November. See below for details. I'll need a headcount when it gets closer to make reservations for lunch.

This year marked the 150th anniversary of this great battle. There will be new stops, route and new stories this year...I may even make some up! So those who went last year may actually learn something new. I'll try not to get us off-route, but last year we went off route and ended up at an ice cream shop! Woo hoo!

0800-0830 at the Belk's parking lot - Westminster Mall - Rt. 140/97 in Westminster.

Leave PROMPTLY at 0830 for Gettysburg to return around 4 PM.

Be early so you can register. We wait for no one...it is going to be a long day!

Registration is free (although we will do a 50/50 and door prizes) and will include an American flag for your antenna while in Gettysburg, and a map of the cruise route and stops. It's about an hour to Gburg. Watch speed limit through Littlestown!

We will catch up in Gettysburg at the first stop and mount the antenna flags. We will make several stops, then break for lunch at 1130.

We will have reservations in town at General Pickett's Buffet for 1130. It a prix fix menu...meaning one fee covers everything including tip. Makes it easy for us motorheads. More details when we get closer.

Following lunch, we will continue the cruise through the battlefield. The # of stops depends on how we are doing.

I am planning to end the cruise and head back about 4 PM.

If the weather looks bad, we may cancel, so check this site often for the latest info.

1. James H (1)

PonyRedux
09-07-2013, 09:53 AM
This is an awesome cruise I did it last year can't wait!

1. Marc Marriott 2007 Vert (2)

blueheaven
09-07-2013, 06:04 PM
Just curious, is the tour handicap friendly?

Great White
09-10-2013, 12:01 PM
Just curious, is the tour handicap friendly?
Bill for the most part it is, we drive from location to location at Gettysburg, get out of the car listen to Scott tell the history/significance of the spot we're at then get back into cars to head to next location.

The tower is the only real spot in the cruise that I would say not handicapped accessible as its a lot of stairs to the top, but this is only for those that want to participate in the climb.

You and Barb will be just fine

blueheaven
09-10-2013, 04:56 PM
Thanks James.

Great White
09-10-2013, 10:11 PM
Anytime Bill!

blueheaven
09-11-2013, 02:43 PM
I guess, unless life intrudes:

2) Bill Rabe 2005 Vert (2)

VirgoLady2828
09-12-2013, 04:49 PM
Linda Queen

Sigmund
09-19-2013, 10:42 AM
Sign me and my wife up please :)

Chris & Ceci Sigmund

blueheaven
10-01-2013, 02:59 AM
Does the Government shutdown effect this cruise?

Great White
10-01-2013, 07:28 AM
Does the Government shutdown effect this cruise?
I will keep everyone posted, but if the govt stays shut down then the cruise will have to be postponed because Gettysburg will be closed as well :(

Let's hope our government gets their act together.

Arrow
10-02-2013, 10:23 PM
James, I'm probably in. Need to double-check my schedule.

Great White
10-02-2013, 11:34 PM
Once again, unless the govt is open again this cruise is postponed!!!!

blueheaven
10-03-2013, 03:45 PM
You are very optimistic our illustrious legislative and executive branches can pull their collective heads out of their collective @$$3$ by November.

Great White
10-03-2013, 09:45 PM
I agree Bill, and what a f^%#*ng shame!

Arrow
10-04-2013, 07:24 PM
I'm so disappointed in my government. Bunch of losers.

Question: How do we fire the entire capital? Do we need individual pink slips or just one big pink slip taped to the door?

Squabbling and posturing as it may, but never at the sake of the country. Letting it go this far is unforgivable. There shouldn't even be a hesitation to fire those politicians who were smiling in the press photos. Where do they get off smiling over this? It's disgraceful!

New Rules:

1. When the government shuts down, the politicians (all of them) don't get paid either!
2. When you can't figure out which goes first, your pride or the nation, you are fired!

Great White
11-01-2013, 11:06 AM
I have updated the original post to reflect the new date of November 9, 2013!

I have also removed the names of people who sad they could attend the original date.

Please post up if you can make the cruise, and I will add your name to the list

Hope everyone can join us, this is a fantastic cruise and learn a bit of American History in a fun way.

Sigmund
11-02-2013, 05:18 AM
Put my wife and I in for now, although if this changes I will update as it depends on if my oldest step son can watch the younger ones while we're gone.

Great White
11-08-2013, 10:04 AM
bump

Sigmund
11-08-2013, 03:35 PM
It is Friday afternoon and as of this time I have still been suffering cluster headaches and am on serious enough medications that not only would it not be safe for me to participate in this cruise, it would be illegal, so my wife and I will have to withdraw our names unfortunately :( I was really looking forward to this one too. I hope the weather is nice and the cruise goes well for ya'all.

Great White
11-08-2013, 03:53 PM
It is Friday afternoon and as of this time I have still been suffering cluster headaches and am on serious enough medications that not only would it not be safe for me to participate in this cruise, it would be illegal, so my wife and I will have to withdraw our names unfortunately :( I was really looking forward to this one too. I hope the weather is nice and the cruise goes well for ya'all.
Hope you feel better Chris!

I will be driving my suburban as it would be unsafe for me to drive my mustang, with only one working hand.

RFrazier
11-08-2013, 04:29 PM
Hey,

My name is Bob Frazier, and I am not a member but have a nice mustang. I plan to be there, and will be check out your club, my pony needs a club!

See ya tomorrow!

2004 Anniversary, 3.9, 365hp, NOS, OBD/NOS Computer

Great White
11-08-2013, 06:24 PM
Hey,

My name is Bob Frazier, and I am not a member but have a nice mustang. I plan to be there, and will be check out your club, my pony needs a club!

See ya tomorrow!

2004 Anniversary, 3.9, 365hp, NOS, OBD/NOS Computer

Both the NVMC & MCOM are great clubs, we do many cruises together and invite each other to events and car shows. I am a member of both clubs. I look forward to meeting you tomorrow. I will be the one in the suburban, and left hand all wrapped up from surgery.