PDA

View Full Version : Dinner or something after NVMC Meetings?

MerQry
11-09-2012, 10:31 AM
Since it's 5pm, and we are huffing it out to Dulles anyways, might as well make more of a night out of it. Anyone want to grab a bite after or maybe a drink?

We can chill for an hour or two and if you're a young gun like me, still have time to go out.

Thoughts?

(A drink denotes a singular amount. I am not advocating drinking and driving before someone jumps me.)

Bridude
11-09-2012, 11:01 AM
You said the magic word. "Chill" as in "chili" mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Seldoon
11-10-2012, 12:06 AM
Sounds good to me!!! I'm not much of a drinker though. Chili sounds good if I could find some but usually they don't know the meaning of the word. Chili to me is cubed pieces of beef, not ground beef, and NO beans, and usually no tomatoes. I like good Texas chili!!! Too bad I can't find any.

JudgeDredd
11-10-2012, 11:21 AM
Guys, yes we can do a dinner after the meet today... it's a beautiful day, come on out guys... :-)

Ivan 5.0
11-10-2012, 11:54 AM
I'm gonna come out and check it out! Beautiful day :)

JudgeDredd
11-10-2012, 07:41 PM
1st of all, I will say it once again, these are NO alcohol events guys. We are currently at Coney Island in Sterling Va.

Seldoon
11-11-2012, 10:33 AM
1st of all, I will say it once again, these are NO alcohol events guys. We are currently at Coney Island in Sterling Va.

So cars with methanol injection should not attend?

PonyRedux
11-12-2012, 12:14 PM

It has always been my understanding that the Business portion of the meeting was at the meeting site or the general meeting portion. And that Dinner was an after meet state of affairs, meaning the minutes of meeting were closed. As far as I knew that from the words "Gather up...." Thru "Thats it folks if you want to go hang out for dinner" were the official minutes of a meeting and covered by Club Rules concerning what is considered "an event". If that isn't the case all issues, statements and words exchanged BEFORE and After meeting at the parking lot and at dinner are considered part of a meeting and part of the records of club.

The way I read it is ...no alcohol during a meeting or a club event. The argument here is when does the club event start and end. If its from feet on ground at parking lot to feet off ground at diner of choice then that needs to be stated....

I think Merqry was asking if guys wanted to meet up AFTER meeting for A(1) brew. So technically that currently is not a violation of club by laws. Especially if he wasn't referring to the post dinner but just as private individuals who just happen to be members of NVMC.

If its a violation for me to have a beer in private or at a diner with a fellow member because we're both members or even staff when "off the clock"we do start to resemble a police-state(No pun)

That being said we as a club do not advocate drinking and driving nor anything of the like at ANY time. Anyone legally purchasing a beer is responsible for his/her actions.

For anyone who has made it to the end of this rather wordy post I owe you an off the clock beer.

Great White
11-12-2012, 12:32 PM
Yes you do! Cheers

MerQry
11-13-2012, 07:45 AM
I was just saying, if I am driving all the way up to Dulles, it would be cool to hang out with people longer. I was not suggesting popping a beer in the parking lot of the Dulles Expo center, nor drinking at an NVMC sponsored event. Just dudes being dudes who happen to talk about Mustangs a lot, LoL.

Either way, it's a moot point because my boss invited me over and it's assessment (aka suck-up) time.

kiler be
11-13-2012, 07:55 AM
I've had a beer at one of our after meeting dinners before. I had 1 with my dinner.
Marc.....I did read all of your post.....So next time...... lol

Bridude
11-13-2012, 10:23 AM
but I need a drink just to make it through the hour long speeches.

The content of this post was meant to be humorous. I do not support or condone the consumption of drugs or alcohol. Members should refrain from talking, laughing, sneezing, coughing, or the picking of any orifices during club meetings. This message was paid for by the Bridude Presidential Campaign Fund.