PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Mustang

bigcanada813
06-18-2013, 09:35 PM
Ok, so I was cruising through my twitter feed and saw that Car and Driver had some spy shots of the 2015 Mustang test mule. There is a lot of camouflage on the car, but you can sort of get the general lines of the new body. What do people think?

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2015-ford-mustang-spy-photos-news-1?src=spr_FBPAGE&spr_id=1458_9688833

Moco
06-18-2013, 10:34 PM
Ok, so I was cruising through my twitter feed and saw that Car and Driver had some spy shots of the 2015 Mustang test mule. There is a lot of camouflage on the car, but you can sort of get the general lines of the new body. What do people think?

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2015-ford-mustang-spy-photos-news-1?src=spr_FBPAGE&spr_id=1458_9688833

Meh.

Aside from the communist transmission - the Coyote cars are a homerun/grandslam for Ford. The SS550 is going to have the same engine but with 'euro' design. Aside from curiosity, Im not interested.

Great White
06-18-2013, 11:33 PM
I am curious as to how the 2015 anniversary model will look but plan on keeping my 2011, unless it looks like a 1968 fastback with today's standards. I am very happy with my cars appearance and performance.

Bocefus
06-19-2013, 08:06 AM
Can't see enough to make a call. I was reading the new GT will have 450hp.

BMFGT
06-19-2013, 12:29 PM
I love spy photos thanks for sharing!

It's still too hard to tell but I think from the photos and what I can see of the head lights we could tend to believe that ford is going for more of a 'euro' look in the front and back as rumored......there's allot for the imagination right now so I guess we will have to wait and see:)

I noticed the gauge pod on the a-pilar so I wonder if that's going to be offered in a certain model or if it's for their own testing purposes....

Bocefus
06-19-2013, 12:43 PM
Did you repair the beast yet?

I love spy photos thanks for sharing!

It's still too hard to tell but I think from the photos and what I can see of the head lights we could tend to believe that ford is going for more of a 'euro' look in the front and back as rumored......there's allot for the imagination right now so I guess we will have to wait and see:)

I noticed the gauge pod on the a-pilar so I wonder if that's going to be offered in a certain model or if it's for their own testing purposes....

BMFGT
06-19-2013, 12:44 PM
Did you repair the beast yet? yup all done and ready to race again:)

Great White
06-19-2013, 02:25 PM
my favorite so far

but dont see a lot of that with this

02BlueGT
06-20-2013, 02:11 PM
Still can't tell much from this video of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IheaziwE9Fs

PhillyLS1
06-21-2013, 02:53 PM
I saw what the 2015 Mustang looks like at SEMA and I didn't have to sign an NDA.

You're all going to be ****ed off. The car is shrinking in size and getting a very European look. Best way to describe it is if a Subaru FRS/BRZ mated with a Mustang.

There's going to be 4 engine choices. Eco4 Eco6 3.7 NA and 5.0
There will be no more Shelby. And there won't be a GT500 for a while.

These were rumors, not confirmed, but the engineer said Ford was done with supercharging. So look for a 6.2 or a 7.0 of some sort.

From what I saw at SEMA, the future belong to Dodge as far as bad ass muscle cars.

02BlueGT
06-21-2013, 06:31 PM
I...I think I just died a little on the inside after reading that. Already knew about the engine options and the European design, but no Shelbys? That's just not right.

blueheaven
06-21-2013, 09:36 PM
I believe they will be bringing back SVT. Shelby will be missed but without the man being around it looses something.

Jerrbear
06-22-2013, 12:12 AM
Makes me glad I went with a '13. I hope we are not in for another "mustang II" fiasco.

Sigmund
06-24-2013, 09:42 AM
I'm ok with no Shelby. They're awesome, don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't get one cuz I'd be reluctant to mod it and lose it's "collectable" value. I'd rather have a base GT (aka blank canvas) and feel free to mod the living heck out of it if I want without being afraid of messing up it's future value. I'm totally down for a more "euro" look, especially if it's also channeling an Aston Martin like the Fusion and Focus. Now if they make another Mach 1, I'd fall in love immediately.

sn0w
06-24-2013, 09:58 AM
Mach 1 is slated for 2016 I believe... kinda excited to see it

Moco
06-24-2013, 10:33 AM
Makes me glad I went with a '13. I hope we are not in for another "mustang II" fiasco.

Any powertrain with a 450hp motor is not going to be a 'Mustang II fiasco'. However, Im pretty certain the 2015 is going to be a bit of a let down with this euro look and re-design.

Moco
06-24-2013, 10:35 AM
I saw what the 2015 Mustang looks like at SEMA and I didn't have to sign an NDA.

You're all going to be ****ed off. The car is shrinking in size and getting a very European look. Best way to describe it is if a Subaru FRS/BRZ mated with a Mustang.

There's going to be 4 engine choices. Eco4 Eco6 3.7 NA and 5.0
There will be no more Shelby. And there won't be a GT500 for a while.

These were rumors, not confirmed, but the engineer said Ford was done with supercharging. So look for a 6.2 or a 7.0 of some sort.

From what I saw at SEMA, the future belong to Dodge as far as bad ass muscle cars.

Good info. Thanks for passing it on. Do you know when the production line is supposed to kick off? Im guessing we're inside the 12 month window if Ford wants to have the car for sale in Summer 2014.

PhillyLS1
06-24-2013, 12:19 PM
Good info. Thanks for passing it on. Do you know when the production line is supposed to kick off? Im guessing we're inside the 12 month window if Ford wants to have the car for sale in Summer 2014.

They said at SEMA they wanted to do something like a 1964 1/2 type of deal. But who knows.

Most of the engineers I spoke to didn't seem enthused. They were sort of wringing their hands honestly. Evidently the interior is also a point of contention but I didn't see any specifics.

Great White
06-24-2013, 12:40 PM
They said at SEMA they wanted to do something like a 1964 1/2 type of deal. But who knows.

Most of the engineers I spoke to didn't seem enthused. They were sort of wringing their hands honestly. Evidently the interior is also a point of contention but I didn't see any specifics.

It makes the most sense that they will debut the actual car on the 50th anniversary and not before hand. So expect April 17, 2014.

What a shame that the engineers are disappointed in the direction.

Keith,

have you seen any drawings that are similar to what you saw, and if so can you post up the drawing

vascj
06-25-2013, 06:29 AM
I have a feeling it's going to be a bad ass car. ford has so much riding on its 50th celebration and they are too smart to ruin the "crown jewel" of the fleet. A good sign was bearing the R&D and risk of the IRS, which I thought would never happen in a mustang. They'll now be on par with corvette and seriously considered as an all world sports car and not just a quarter mile terror aside from Boss. Just my two cents, I'm going to be optimistic. Really not sad about if shelby ends. it's about time. The internal ford lines with SVT will fill the void as they have the past few years with the boss super car. Shelby will survive as a aftermarket producer like saleen, rousch, etc. and still do well. I'm very excited about the unveiling that will occur next April, hope its as crazy as the original introduction in 1964!!!
some of the photos I've seen have been pretty awesome with hints of the past in running mustangs, and the special rear tri-bar tail lights. 450 HP and IRS, what's not to like if that what comes in a baseline GT! This is pretty darn special in a mustang GT. my only fear is that they don't price out the very consumers that have made this car so special. It's going to be hard to keep the sticker price of the mustang in that configuration around 30k. Looks like ford has adopted an approach similar to the higher end European BMWs, Audis, and Mercedes....companies sometime will take a bit of an R&D loss on a "Halo" car, or price it lower than they need in order to carry the company flag. A car that will bring more customers to Ford in buying their other lines.
i certainly hope they can keep the price within reason, I think if they can, they will sell a boatload of these cars, a basic 450 HP GT with looks that kill and a real sports car drivetrain with IRS. Kudos to FORD for trying.

Moco
06-25-2013, 09:05 AM
I have a feeling it's going to be a bad ass car. ford has so much riding on its 50th celebration and they are too smart to ruin the "crown jewel" of the fleet. A good sign was bearing the R&D and risk of the IRS, which I thought would never happen in a mustang. They'll now be on par with corvette and seriously considered as an all world sports car and not just a quarter mile terror aside from Boss. Just my two cents, I'm going to be optimistic. Really not sad about if shelby ends. it's about time. The internal ford lines with SVT will fill the void as they have the past few years with the boss super car. Shelby will survive as a aftermarket producer like saleen, rousch, etc. and still do well. I'm very excited about the unveiling that will occur next April, hope its as crazy as the original introduction in 1964!!!
some of the photos I've seen have been pretty awesome with hints of the past in running mustangs, and the special rear tri-bar tail lights. 450 HP and IRS, what's not to like if that what comes in a baseline GT! This is pretty darn special in a mustang GT. my only fear is that they don't price out the very consumers that have made this car so special. It's going to be hard to keep the sticker price of the mustang in that configuration around 30k. Looks like ford has adopted an approach similar to the higher end European BMWs, Audis, and Mercedes....companies sometime will take a bit of an R&D loss on a "Halo" car, or price it lower than they need in order to carry the company flag. A car that will bring more customers to Ford in buying their other lines.
i certainly hope they can keep the price within reason, I think if they can, they will sell a boatload of these cars, a basic 450 HP GT with looks that kill and a real sports car drivetrain with IRS. Kudos to FORD for trying.

You give Ford too much credit. This whole global car concept will turn out to be a detriment for the Mustang in the long run. Either the price of the base GT will bloat up well in to the 30's or 40's or the Mustang will be eventually neutered into some kind of ecoboost turbo motor to appeal to the 'global consumer'.

I dont want a bastardized BMW, Audi, or other douchemobile, I want an affordable, RWD, V8, with a manual transmission and simple but durable engineering to keep the car mod friendly and up for regular floggings. I dont care about IRS - the Mustang is not and has not been a 'sports car'; its a pony car. You can take a current live axle Mustang and make it a good road car with available suspension components. 95%+ of Mustang owners will care less for the IRS and will not want the added complexity and price.

The current 2011-14 platform is perfect in concept - the main weakness is the MT-82. If Ford had put a T-56 in the Coyote, it would've been perfect. The only other complain I have with the current car is that it is too heavy. A 3300 lb base coupe with a Coyote and T-56 would be perfect.

Red
06-25-2013, 10:42 AM
No matter what Ford does, there will be people who hate it, and people who love it. My point of view is that I'm glad Ford is trying to improve the Mustang. If they didn't then it would surely be surpassed by other cars. Personally I love the current mustang. Actually I prefer the '11 and '12 looks over the '13 and '14 but that's nit-picking. But I can say that I will be looking forward to what they come up with. If it's anything like the '03-'04 Cobra, I'm all over it.

BMFGT
08-14-2013, 11:18 AM
some more spy footage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1pjqXbXekQ

and spy photos http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=768

Great White
08-20-2013, 01:53 PM
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=797&page=8 new spy pics that capture the front end

blueheaven
08-20-2013, 06:16 PM
It looks like something I could possibly buy, have to see the whole thing before I decide. Big question is do I sell Blueheaven or not.

Red
08-20-2013, 07:42 PM
It looks like something I could possibly buy, have to see the whole thing before I decide. Big question is do I sell Blueheaven or not.

If you do let me know! :peel:

BMFGT
08-20-2013, 09:53 PM
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=797&page=8 new spy pics that capture the front end

The front end is looking better than I thought....thanks for sharing

Danno
08-21-2013, 07:22 AM
...unless it looks like a 1968 fastback with today's standards.

Concur! New cars and their fancy gadgets annoy the living hell out of me, but if it looked like a 68/69, then I would be tremendously conflicted. :confused:

And while I'm not stoked about the design elements I've seen thus far, I didn't really like the S-197s when they came out, but they've grown on me over the years. :-)