PDA

View Full Version : Emeritus at Lake Ridge- Assisted Living Home Cookout-Cruise In

Great White
05-31-2013, 11:11 PM
a request has been made by a friend of a member (Phil Clifton) that the club make an appearance with our mustangs to an assisted living facility in Woodbridge, VA. on June 15th (day before Fathers Day). ---------------" Folks, I just spoke to the fine staff at the Emeritus at Lake Ridge- Assisted Living Home, at 3940 Prince William Parkway, Woodbridge VA 22192 . They will be having a "Cook Out" at their facility for Fathers Day and asked the NVMC is they could provide some fine Mustang Owners to display their Mustangs for the tenants at the assisted living facility. This is a "Fathers Day" event and they are really excited to have us come down. We would like to get (20) Mustanger's to attend. We will meet at the Dulles Expo Center around 10am and want to be at their facility at 11:30 am. The event will run from Noon-2pm. If you would like to attend please send an Email to Ceece Enforcir@gmail.com with the usual information, Name, Make Model & Yr of Mustang and a telephone # and we will add you to the Roster of attendees. This will be a wonderful event to give back to the community and lighten the lives of the residents for a day. Thank You, See you there..... Ceece & Marc "

I would hope that a lot of members would show up and fulfill their wish. On a personal note: My mom after her cancer surgery was in need of 24/7 care and the only place that could meet those requirements was an assisted living facility. She was there for 7 months, a very difficult time for her and for our entire family. One of my daily observations was that most of the residents (inmates) didn't get a visit often from "loved ones" and the only thing they had to look forward to was Bingo. It was very sad and it was apparent that the people there were depressed and looked forward to me bringing my 5 year old a couple times a week, as he is very friendly to everyone! May I add even on holidays like Easter, mothers day, fathers day, July 4th, Halloween and thanksgiving only few families showed up to visit their "loved one".

This is an opportunity to make a lot of people happy to see us (even for just one day)I will get more info on location and time in the next day or so, but hope to have a nice showing to this.

We will meet at the expo center meet spot and cruise to the facility, rest of the details to follow. Perhaps a meal at a restaurant after.

1. James Heller
2. Marc Marriott
3. Ceece Coburn
4. Anthony Sucher
5. Nikki Frost
6. Keith Fidura
7. Len Mitchner
8. Dean Crouch
9. Eric Manookian
10. Rob Jaeger
11.Carol Hood
12.John Veldhuis
13.Chris Sigmund
14. James Wambold
15. Doug Smarr
16. Jay Clark
17. Teresa & Scott Becker
18. Mark Farmer
19. Thom Barden
20. Rick Brown (RRMC)
21. Sue Sloan
22. Dan Sloan
23. Pete James
24. Dan & Monika (meeting us there) 25.Bil Greene 26. Kenyan Hicks

Red
05-31-2013, 11:25 PM
James I would love to help however it depends on
1) still owning my Stang (doubtful)
2) not traveling that weekend.

My grandfather who is 98 is in assisted living and I've seen how little people visit. I also hope lots show up to help.

PonyRedux
05-31-2013, 11:53 PM
I did sign up for this and hope that my car is back from D&V by then. Those homes are a sad necessity it seems and I feel very sad for folks in them. Was always glad that my grandparents didn't have to suffer long when their time came and also that they didn't spend time in such a facility. I almost had to go to a rehab live in assisted facility when I got out of the hospital until I convinced them i could walk and move without being a liability to those in my family. John even if you don't have the Stang you can still help crew this if you want. Walk around with em show them the cars, smile, be warm and friendly. Hell you know enough about most of our cars you could do a tour without us being there. Without a stang you can still be a vessel of good bro =)

JMTC

JudgeDredd
06-04-2013, 05:40 AM
I am going to try and get leave for this event. I have further information on this from Phil Clifton

Great White
06-04-2013, 10:15 AM
bump

PonyRedux
06-05-2013, 12:58 PM
bump

02BlueGT
06-05-2013, 01:39 PM
You can count me in.

Defrost101
06-06-2013, 12:02 PM
Keith and I are IN! We will meet everyone there though as it is literally right around the corner from our house :) Looking forward to seeing everyone!

JudgeDredd
06-07-2013, 11:40 AM
Did I also say this is a "Cookout" and we have been invited to be their guests in the food eating too ? "hello"

Great White
06-07-2013, 12:29 PM
Did I also say this is a "Cookout" and we have been invited to be their guests in the food eating too ? "hello"

Like I said my mom was in one of these places and the food wasn't exactly gourmet, but kinda hard to mess up burgers and dogs lol

JudgeDredd
06-07-2013, 01:26 PM
My father passed in one of the assisting living centers in Kentucky.

Great White
06-07-2013, 02:17 PM
:(

PonyRedux
06-09-2013, 01:13 PM
:( +1

4N6KM
06-09-2013, 01:54 PM
Add me, I am pretty sure I can make it. . .

JudgeDredd
06-09-2013, 01:58 PM
We are at 16 Pre Registrations...wooo hooo...

Scoot
06-09-2013, 05:01 PM
Sign up Teresa and me for this, although we'll probably just meet everyone there rather than drive all the way to Dulles then driving right back.

Scott

JudgeDredd
06-09-2013, 06:05 PM
Same Mustang or two different ones ? You can email me your info ? Enforcir@gmail.com Thank You Sir.

Bocefus
06-11-2013, 10:23 AM
Ceece, which Mustang are you bringing ?

98darkhorse
06-13-2013, 09:10 AM
I'll be there around 11:30 and lookout for you all, It's not far from my house. :peel:

JudgeDredd
06-13-2013, 09:15 AM
Ceece, which Mustang are you bringing ?
I will be bringing the Saleen Sir, the 90 is not back from D & V Autobody yet... :forks:

JudgeDredd
06-13-2013, 09:17 AM
Guys and Gals, if you are attending the cruise or the event, please make sure to send me an E-Mail with your Name, Model of Mustang and Cell # to my email, thank you so much for volunteering..... Ceece Enforcir@gmail.com

Great White
06-13-2013, 09:33 PM
This is a very impressive showing of support! I am proud to be a member of a club that will do this for complete strangers.

Renegade3
06-14-2013, 08:36 AM
If Jeeps were allowed, I'd be there!

Great White
06-14-2013, 10:58 AM
If Jeeps were allowed, I'd be there!
You are always allowed bro!

Bocefus
06-14-2013, 11:23 AM
I have 2 extra 5.0 badges we can slap on the side of your jeep.

Renegade3
06-14-2013, 11:38 AM
Thanks guys! I'd love a 5.0 in my jeep! Those horses would help offroad!

Moco
06-14-2013, 01:56 PM
I'll be there around 11:30 and lookout for you all, It's not far from my house. :peel:

Very cool. Would like to get a closer look at your car. There are very few clean 4.6 SOHC SN95s around anymore.

98darkhorse
06-14-2013, 07:18 PM
Very cool. Would like to get a closer look at your car. There are very few clean 4.6 SOHC SN95s around anymore.

Thanks and Yea there's a few good ones in woodbridge-lakeridge area, I still get a kick out it but of course it's a darn hobby.

See you there!

Seldoon
06-14-2013, 11:26 PM
Tried to email CC at this email address CeeceEnforcir@gmail.com but of course it came back.

Great White
06-15-2013, 12:44 AM
It's just enforcir@gmail.com Remove the Ceece part from Ceeceenforcir@gmail.com And should work perfectly! Or just post in this thread that you are attending. I believe in keeping it simple, and not stupid. So the KISS rule goes out the window with me

JudgeDredd
06-15-2013, 08:48 PM
it's just enforcir@gmail.com remove the ceece part from ceeceenforcir@gmail.com and should work perfectly! Or just post in this thread that you are attending. I believe in keeping it simple, and not stupid. So the kiss rule goes out the window with me
lol

JudgeDredd
06-16-2013, 09:11 AM
A big Thank You goes out to the members that attended the Emeritus Assisted Living cruise and cookout yesterday, I think we had 27 Mustangs attend the event. Cindi and Staff took wonderful care of us and the residents came out an looked at the Mustangs and spoke to the owners, we had a great time and Cindi said they loved having us there. It got a bit HOT yesterday too. Marc & James thank you for the great coordination getting the crew down to the Assisted Living Center, Marc you chose a great route Sir. Chris I saw you snapping away all day, I can't wait to see the picture buddy. Ceece

PonyRedux
06-17-2013, 09:32 AM
No worries at all Ceece, was an absolute honor and pleasure. We may make it look easy getting groups moved around but it came with a lot of practice and coordination with James and Ian(who we missed on Sat.) from whats become the road crew =) We're looking at CB radios today we researched after CCC to get our transmit ranges to work better with the upcoming Luray event and will let you know what models we end up with because our radios are going to be perfectly useless in the curves and mountains I fear and cell phone back up doesn't work well along sections of 211 as you well know =)

PhillyLS1
06-17-2013, 04:32 PM
It was a very nice event. That place took great care of us. I hope we can do it again.

PonyRedux
06-17-2013, 05:16 PM
I'm all for it =)

JudgeDredd
06-20-2013, 07:58 AM
1217 My mother was surprised when she opened a flyer from the Emeritus in her mail... Pretty Cool. Ceece

Seldoon
06-20-2013, 12:11 PM
I enjoyed the event. It was a good turnout and fun to see and visit the other people. Good food! I hope they enjoyed our visit and am wondering how we might make our visit even better for them. One person said they were disappointed we didn't have more older cars and I don't know what to do about that. But I can understand the feeling. Fun to see older cars from when you were a teenager.