PDA

View Full Version : Crab Cake Cruise Banter

Great White
02-25-2013, 03:49 PM
"Hey Everyone this is the spot for laughing it up or enjoying memories of the Crab Cake Cruises past and present.

Looking forward to seeing all of you on this years one where we will again be going to Stoney's Kingfisher to have more crabcakes and Maryland Crab Soup." PonyRedux

Something happened when I merged the off topic posts from the other thread so I apologize for the confusion.

My personal favorite cruise!

I just hate all the dry runs and taste tests we have to make in preparation for this awesome cruise!;)

PonyRedux
02-25-2013, 03:53 PM
LOL yes i know I did have to hold a knife against your ribs to eat what was it the 3rd crabcake before the cruise?

Great White
02-25-2013, 03:54 PM
and that horrible crab soup too that I had to finish every last drop so no one else was forced to eat it. :cool:

Great White
02-26-2013, 03:29 PM
You will not regret it, oh and the small crabcake is HUGE so no need to get the regular size unless you haven't eaten in a week lol

PonyRedux
03-04-2013, 10:13 AM
Hey Everyone this is the spot for laughing it up or enjoying memories of the Crab Cake Cruises past and present.

Looking forward to seeing all of you on this years one where we will again be going to Stoney's Kingfisher to have more crabcakes and Maryland Crab Soup.

PonyRedux
03-04-2013, 10:22 AM
Ohhhh James! Dry Run for cruise approaches!

Sigmund
03-04-2013, 10:30 AM
How does one qualify to participate in a "dry run"? ;)

Renegade3
03-04-2013, 10:31 AM
You have to be at least part Asian, right Marc? :p

Sigmund
03-04-2013, 10:46 AM
I will have my Chinese co-worker certify that I am honorary part-Asian asap :D

Great White
03-04-2013, 10:53 AM
I will have my Chinese co-worker certify that I am honorary part-Asian asap :D

LMAO you are welcome to join in on the "dry run" I am also honorary part-Asian. We will provide "dry-run" date in this thread

Renegade3
03-04-2013, 11:01 AM
James, can I ride in your trunk even though I'm not certified?

Great White
03-04-2013, 11:13 AM
James, can I ride in your trunk even though I'm not certified?

By the power vested in me, You are now certified.

Sigmund
03-04-2013, 11:52 AM
:cool:

WOOHOO! :D

PonyRedux
03-04-2013, 12:10 PM
You have to be at least part Asian, right Marc? :p
Aren't we all? Read up on Adam and Eve!

PonyRedux
03-04-2013, 12:12 PM
Dry Runs are the planning runs for routes so if you wish to come out for senseless circles and reroutings your more than welcome to come out. The Dry runs are where we plan stops, look for construction, site survey meet ups if other clubs are joining up with us along the way and survey every turn(especially ones without lights but with stop signs) where we can forsee chokepoints for the group so that on Game Day its smooth sailing. Each cruise is run 2-3 times before game day. A lot happens behind the Wizard of Oz's curtain =)

Sigmund
03-04-2013, 01:23 PM
And Crab Cakes :D

Great White
03-04-2013, 01:55 PM
And Crab Cakes :D

I like the way you think!

Great White
03-06-2013, 08:47 PM
:rolleyes:

Looks like this is going to be big this year! Seeing alot of interest from MCOM and MD Patriot Stangs

Great White
03-06-2013, 08:47 PM

Looks like this is going to be big this year! Seeing alot of interest from MCOM and MD Patriot Stangs

PonyRedux
03-07-2013, 10:23 AM

Thats what we get when we invade Maryland, hope we have the numbers to represent well in a food fight if necessary =)

Rustang
03-07-2013, 10:54 AM
Thats what we get when we invade Maryland, hope we have the numbers to represent well in a food fight if necessary =)

Remember, a crab leg can be used as a shiv in a pinch.

Sigmund
03-07-2013, 11:30 AM
Remember, a crab leg can be used as a shiv in a pinch.

Absolutely, and if it's made right, ****tail sauce can totally work like pepper spray :cool:

Rustang
03-07-2013, 11:32 AM
You guys think the forum language filter restrictions are a little ridiculous? We are all adults here.

Can't even say ****tail without it getting bleeped. Forget ****, ****, ass, *****, and ****.

EDIT: Ass made it through. Giddy-up.

Sigmund
03-07-2013, 11:40 AM
You guys think the forum language filter restrictions are a little ridiculous? We are all adults here.

Can't even say ****tail without it getting bleeped. Forget ****, ****, ass, *****, and ****.

Lol, that rocks :) I love profanity filters :)

Great White
03-07-2013, 12:04 PM

When I watch "Kitchen Nightmares" with Chef Gordon Ramsey, and they bleep 1/2 the things that come out of his mouth. The Bleep is what makes the show better. If you heard the actual word I dont believe the ratings would be the same tbh.

Rustang
03-07-2013, 12:25 PM
Maybe we could lighten it up a bit here.

PonyRedux
03-07-2013, 12:38 PM
LOL I am willing to go this far on it....

Perhaps a middle ground can be made...I'll ask Ceece if we can lift the filters. If hes agreeable to it then in the interest of our maintaining a family friendly community and atmosphere within the forums as we do in the club we would have to moderate delete and edit every use of those same word that the filters currently catch. With that would come an infraction fee much like a ticket while driving. As the one who came up with the novel and never before mentioned idea...of lifting the filters you Rustang would thus cover the fine of 5 dollars and the court/processing fee of 15 dollars....by using the donation box for the club. This is for every single word mind you....that being said I'm sure Ceece will at least humor this idea... I personally think this is a fabulous idea and with my two cents endorse it.

Shall I proceed? Let it not be said that I'm not willing to 'go with the flow' with at least an idea....

Great White
03-07-2013, 12:46 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz0v-EL97g4

Rustang
03-07-2013, 12:48 PM
Do you take personal checks...

In all seriousness though, unless we have people's kids coming on here and posting, I don't see the what the big deal is regarding profanity. I think any adult that is offended by a "bad" word needs to seriously have a drink and remove the stick from his/her rectum. The only words I deem unacceptable are racial/ethnic/religious slurs. The F bomb or S word are just that, words.

PonyRedux
03-07-2013, 12:57 PM
All I can say is that in the interest of civility the filters are in place. That rule has been around for longer than I've been in the club(2007). If you really wish to address changing that rule the person to contact is Ceece. So does that mean I get my two cents back? When it comes to moderating on the forums I think its sometimes lost that all the mods and staff are doing is enforcing the rules that every member sees on the forum site and agrees to by being on the forums. Rule Changes are not unheard of, but there is a way to address it and that is thru Ceece. Wether we the staff agree with a rule or not or feel if its necessary or not is not really something you'll ever get us to comment on. Its our voluntary job to help the club and its members have fun events. Its not the most enjoyable job to moderate, but it is to see the membership enjoy the club and its events. Would like to take this opportunity to again thank the other moderators and staff for what they do. I would myself love at times I assure you to call someone a furry or a slushy...but I don't get that option either.

One of the phrases I learned along the way is "The first guy to resort to profanity was the first one to run out of intelligent things to say..." I'm quite sure Rustang that your intelligent enough of a human being to figure out how to get your point across without resorting to profanity.

I'm still looking for my two cents! Who has seen them???

Rustang
03-07-2013, 01:02 PM
One of the phrases I learned along the way is "The first guy to resort to profanity was the first one to run out of intelligent things to say..." I'm quite sure Rustang that your intelligent enough of a human being to figure out how to get your point across without resorting to profanity.
:)

Renegade3
03-12-2013, 07:09 AM
It's all about the person being addressed and their familiarity with the person speaking/typing. Draconian rules are typically in place because an issue has arisen in the past that necessitated them. Whether or not they are still warranted, the rules are still in place. If people want to play "net nannie" that's their perogative. I always find humor in people moderating the freedom of expression but I'm sure it serves some type of higher order but who knows....aww...F***

:)

PonyRedux
03-12-2013, 07:42 AM
Fudge?

lilredcorvette
03-12-2013, 10:03 AM
My understanding is that some people surf the forum on and off during the work day (bad, I know, but that's another thread), so keeping the forum profanity-free ensures the site isn't blocked at work.

But what the hell do I know, I'm self-employed...
:p

Red
03-12-2013, 10:25 AM
My understanding is that some people surf the forum on and off during the work day (bad, I know, but that's another thread)...
I have no idea what you're talking about!:rolleyes:

Arrow
03-12-2013, 03:00 PM
My understanding is that some people surf the forum on and off during the work day (bad, I know, but that's another thread), so keeping the forum profanity-free ensures the site isn't blocked at work.

But what the hell do I know, I'm self-employed...
:p
Agreed. And we -do- actually have members with children, so we want to make sure the club stays family-friendly.

Oh, and why are people making shivs out of crab legs......when there's a knife and fork on the table....? :D

PonyRedux
03-12-2013, 03:06 PM
Its there for a variety of reasons and more than likely one of the last thing to ever be removed to be brutally honest. Keeps it civilized. Even Mods on the wild and crazy free world of facebook's Virginia Mustangs moderate out profanity so the filters are there for all of us.

lilredcorvette
03-12-2013, 04:32 PM
I have no idea what you're talking about!:rolleyes:

LOL :D

Agreed. And we -do- actually have members with children, so we want to make sure the club stays family-friendly.

Yes, I believe Marc covered that in post #27. :rolleyes:

PonyRedux
03-13-2013, 04:58 AM
Crabcakes anyone?

Red
03-13-2013, 06:17 AM
Had them for dinner last night. However Im looking forward to having some of the best around when we go on this event.

Bocefus
03-13-2013, 12:54 PM
+1
Do you take personal checks...

In all seriousness though, unless we have people's kids coming on here and posting, I don't see the what the big deal is regarding profanity. I think any adult that is offended by a "bad" word needs to seriously have a drink and remove the stick from his/her rectum. The only words I deem unacceptable are racial/ethnic/religious slurs. The F bomb or S word are just that, words.

Sigmund
03-13-2013, 05:59 PM
Crabcakes anyone?

Yes please :D

Seldoon
03-14-2013, 03:19 AM
I wonder if you eat too many crab cakes if it makes you crabby?!

Seldoon
03-14-2013, 03:21 AM
That ancient Chinese philosopher Confuse-us said "Butcher who back into meat grinder get a little behind in his work!"

PonyRedux
03-14-2013, 04:37 AM
Mmmmmmmmmmh Crabcakes

Renegade3
03-14-2013, 11:01 AM
Awesome sauce.