PDA

View Full Version : Organization Event Threads and Editing of them

PonyRedux
03-04-2013, 11:11 AM
Its come to the staffs attention that some members were made uncomfortable by editing done on organizational threads for club events on our schedule that are still pending or in the sign up stages. Please know that we do as a moderation staff hear you but at the same time we are attempting to streamline these threads as much as possible without seeming heavy handed. The edits are at the request of the organizer of each event so the sign up list is easy to maintain as well as this far in advance anyone signing up doesn't have to wade down too many pages to sign up for the event. Only organizational threads will be effected this way and we do apologize for what may/ could be seen as over moderation. In the case of the Crab Cake Cruise I am making a thread in this section of the forums called "Crab Cake Banter" which will be seperate of the sign up area of the forums. Please feel free to have all the banter about crab cakes soup and such as you wish. Thank you for understanding the dilemma that the staff has when trying to bring the best possible fun for the club as a whole.

Rustang
03-04-2013, 12:20 PM
Sic Semper Tyrannis!!!

PonyRedux
03-04-2013, 01:19 PM
Which is the motto of the commonwealth =) And one of my favorite ones.

Seldoon
03-04-2013, 10:45 PM
I think the staff is a bit heavy handed on other posts. I like the phrase used by one member about worrying about the Gestapo catching him. But I guess if we don't like it we can always vote with our feet or wheels. I particular don't like it when a discussion doesn't suit a staff member so they cut off any more discussion by stopping the thread. Do that a few more times and I'll stop my threads for good.

Lets try and have more fun, not be all glum and doom!!

Rustang
03-05-2013, 09:37 AM
I like the phrase used by one member about worrying about the Gestapo catching him.

http://resource.mmgn.com/pwnage/user_35902_MEZQ3W5Y.gif

PonyRedux
03-05-2013, 10:25 AM
I think the staff is a bit heavy handed on other posts. I like the phrase used by one member about worrying about the Gestapo catching him. But I guess if we don't like it we can always vote with our feet or wheels. I particular don't like it when a discussion doesn't suit a staff member so they cut off any more discussion by stopping the thread. Do that a few more times and I'll stop my threads for good.

Lets try and have more fun, not be all glum and doom!!

Sir, I have recently sent a PM your way regarding the posts. While I do understand your concerns, this here is not the venue for voicing your displeasure. You chose not to respond to my PM where I did explain why the other thread was edited. As far as promoting fun I completely agree which is why the staff spends alot of its time when not at meetings (where I have yet to ever meet you so we can discuss this further) working on the events that are fun. The threads that were edited in this case were for organizational threads for upcoming events and not aimed at anyone in particular. The rules of the forums are currently under review and we have lightened up quite a bit if not dare I say a WHOLE lot on the moderation that you elude to.

This thread was to explain why organizational threads were edited not for soapboxing or addressing rules or moderation. Please keep this area and the forums fun and we will as well. The PM I sent you did provide a method for you to express your displeasure there or contact the Club President if you wished further satisfaction of your issue.

I thank you.