PDA

View Full Version : Leaf Blowers...

Red
11-28-2012, 15:11
So I'm sitting in my office at work when I hear a bunch of leaf blowers crank up. Apparently the company that takes care of the grounds around my office decided to use 5 high powered leaf blowers (3 back pack style and 2 pushed like lawn mowers) to move all the leaves off the sidewalks and parking lot. It makes me cringe when I see the massive pile of leaves, dirt, and mulch get blown directly into the side of my car... Sometimes I hate the fact my car is a daily driver and I hate a dirty car.....

Rustang
11-28-2012, 15:46
You think that's bad? Today when I opened the garage door to walk to my '11 V6 parked in the driveway, a single kamikaze leaf came flying into the garage and gently nudged the tire of my '04 as it slept peacefully in its covered paradise of painted walls and epoxied floors! Can you believe that?

LOL. Sorry to rub it in.

Red
11-28-2012, 15:57
LOL, no worries. That made me laugh. I wish I had a garage. I try not to worry about my car since it is a daily driver, but to see a large mass of leaves, dirt and debris come rolling toward my car a high speed made me cringe.

Great White
11-28-2012, 16:38
Jon I was at my parents house a couple weeks ago and parked in the driveway, the landscapers came after I arrived and proceded to blow leaves from the yard all over my stang. I couldn't believe the disrespect those guys had for my car. They did blow the leaves off my car and from underneath it but it was a bit much.

Bryan, Im amazed you even allowed one stray leaf to make it passed you to enter that garage of yours :p

Red
11-28-2012, 16:51
These guys didn't even blow it off my car. I came out to my car with leaves all over it and bits of mulch on the hood! I wonder what damage that did and if insurance would cover getting D&V to fix any scratches and dings.

Rustang
11-28-2012, 17:13
Bryan, Im amazed you even allowed one stray leaf to make it passed you to enter that garage of yours :p

It was a temporary security breach, however the offending leaf paid for its insolence with its life!

gimpy
11-28-2012, 18:46
These guys didn't even blow it off my car. I came out to my car with leaves all over it and bits of mulch on the hood! I wonder what damage that did and if insurance would cover getting D&V to fix any scratches and dings.

depending on the amount of damage and how much fuss you make it will def be covered!

Red
11-28-2012, 19:20
There are minor dings on the car so I don't know which ones came from the leaf blowers and which didn't.

Rustang
11-28-2012, 19:22
There are minor dings on the car so I don't know which ones came from the leaf blowers and which didn't.

I honestly don't think a leaf blower has enough power to dent your car with a wood chip. As annoying as it is to have your car **** on by the landscaping company, I think the damage is just that it becomes dirty.

Red
11-28-2012, 19:36
You didn't see the massive leaf blower that they had to push on wheels. I know it didn't do anything other than throw wood chips and leaves on the car. Just frustrating I guess lol.

Rustang
11-28-2012, 21:24
Mother of God...a leaf blower with wheels?

This sounds like the Death Star of leaf blowers. I've never heard of such a thing.

Arrow
11-29-2012, 01:24
It was a temporary security breach, however the offending leaf paid for its insolence with its life!
I think once a leaf gets to the point of fluttering anywhere, it's association with its life is a moot point.

You didn't see the massive leaf blower that they had to push on wheels. I know it didn't do anything other than throw wood chips and leaves on the car. Just frustrating I guess lol.
Wouldn't worry so much about the leaves and such, as I would the sand and gravel and other bits of hard stuff they carelessly sling about. I've had a few choice words with the landscapers around here, not only sandblasting my car but waving the nozzels around carelessly.

PonyRedux
11-29-2012, 07:57
I believe I saw on a website once(PM for location) of a screen that you can draw across an open garage door to keep such incursions to a minimum. Also I would suggest motion lights so you KNOW when such an incursion has crossed the boundaries of your domiciles borders in an offensive manner.

Bocefus
11-29-2012, 09:44
you think that's bad? Today when i opened the garage door to walk to my '11 v6 parked in the driveway, a single kamikaze leaf came flying into the garage and gently nudged the tire of my '04 as it slept peacefully in its covered paradise of painted walls and epoxied floors! Can you believe that?

Lol. Sorry to rub it in.

lmao

Bridude
11-29-2012, 13:18
This sounds like the Death Star of leaf blowers. I've never heard of such a thing.

anyone got her number, I'd like take her out on a date.

blueheaven
11-29-2012, 17:01

No comment.

gimpy
11-29-2012, 17:18

lol