PDA

View Full Version : anybody know of good body shop and maybe mechanic shop

Bandit
03-22-2014, 01:46 PM
I have to get insurance work done soon on my mustang may have a few mechanic needs not sure yet and I'd like it to be close to dc or alexandria. Heres what happened, some guy fell asleep at the wheel smashed through my garage door which hit my 84 mustang then the hit forced my mustang into the back of my garage in towards the house. So the hatch is screwed as well as back bumper the front isalso messed up even part of the hood. Also it chipped paint on my doors from rear quarter panel hitting so hard. It knocked my car out of first gear the radio even flew out of the dash.

JudgeDredd
03-22-2014, 02:58 PM
D & V Autobody or Precision Autobody, both are Club Sponsors/Supporters and offer discounts.

Ceece

Bandit
03-25-2014, 03:48 PM
Well it was a total loss any idea on the amount of money I should get back on the car I know it is not gonna be anywhere close to what it is worth.

99GT
03-25-2014, 04:18 PM
High retail on the car is about $8000. You can force the insurance company to repair it or buy it back and then swap everything into another chassis or repair your chassis. Don't just take what they offer. That was a really nice car. Dan

Bandit
03-25-2014, 04:26 PM
Thanks dan I still actually owe 5000 on it and I have already spoke with them about buying it back looks like I will only have to pay 200 to buy it back no chassis damage just damage cost was to much. So I will just have a salvaged title should be able to still drive it she just won't look as pretty for along time.

99GT
03-25-2014, 06:12 PM
The labor rates in this area kill a lot of repairable cars. Let me know if I can help, I probably have a lot of the parts here at the house or know someone that has them.

Bandit
03-26-2014, 08:34 PM
They are gonna cut me a 6900 dollar check so that is good news and ill actually have to pay 325 to buy it back. But I'm happy with what they are giving me