PDA

View Full Version : New Windshield

GMUSSTN
02-11-2014, 10:04 AM
So I was changing my wipers on Saturday and while one of them was off the spring snapped on the arm, sending the raw wiper arm into my windshield leaving a big chip and a 3" crack. Combined with the other chips and wiper pitting I am looking to just replace the whole thing

Anyone recommend anywhere? USAA does theirs through safelite but since it doesn't hit my deductible I gotta pay out of pocket, so I might as well take it to whoever has the best price/service.

Thanks!

Rare Pony
02-12-2014, 09:11 AM
That's a bummer. Did you call USAA. This would be a comprehensive claim and the regular deductible may not apply. May be worth the phone call if you haven't tried yet.

GMUSSTN
02-12-2014, 10:28 AM
Yeah I called them, I seriously thought class was covered.

Either way I got recommended to a place down in Woodbridge who is coming up Monday (too cold today). $190 with free on-site installation and a really friendly staff. I'll report back how the work is.

I might try and get reimbursed once it's all said and done. Just sucks because that $190 was money I was gonna put towards subframe connectors!!

Arrow
02-14-2014, 12:29 AM
Wow, USAA didn't take care of it? They used to do windshield replacements/repairs for free.

You can always reach out to our autobody sponsors.

Seldoon
02-14-2014, 08:02 PM
I too need a windshield replaced. The current windshield isn't all it is cracked up to be. Looks like a tiny rock hit right at the top of the glass and it has turned into a curving crack.

JudgeDredd
02-15-2014, 08:39 PM
USAA do repairs (Chips n such) not full replacements. I have USAA

WB06
02-17-2014, 01:04 PM
is $190 for a new windshield a typical price? i had always figured it would be way more than that, but i really have no idea. what is the place down in Woodbridge?

Cato421
02-17-2014, 03:46 PM
Mine was around 200 a few months ago. Sounds right to me.

Great White
02-17-2014, 05:35 PM
I paid $200 for the windshield on my suburban, so seems right to me. I also was surprised by how inexpensive it was

GMUSSTN
02-18-2014, 07:38 AM
Safelite wanted about $250 which sounded more right to me, but my uncle's shop recommended That Glass Place in Woodbridge. They were supposed to come last Wednesday but it was too cold, so they rescheduled for yesterday when it was still too cold, and now they're supposed to stop by tomorrow. Apparently sn95s are prone to cracking, so he wanted to make sure it was warm enough to set. So we'll see how it goes...my Uncle's never steered me wrong before so I am assuming they do great work. I'll report back.

GMUSSTN
02-20-2014, 07:47 AM
Reporting back:

That Glass Place was super reasonable, flexible to work out a schedule, had a great price, and James the install guy was really nice. He even fixed a crack in my windshield wiper cowl that had been there since I bought the car just because it'd be easier to do with the cowl already removed.

I'd definitely recommend them.

WB06
02-20-2014, 01:11 PM
Thanks for the info.